Wednesday 30 September 2015
The Music Room, Spring Grove House, West Thames College
London Road, Isleworth, Middlesex, TW7 4HS
Doors open 7.15 pm, starts 7.30 pm, finishes by 9.00 pm
Many of us live by and use the facilities of London Road from Brentford to Hounslow, particularly the part in Spring Grove and Isleworth. It has seen better days and plenty of people want this decline reversed.
A number of residents and businesses have already agreed to come along on Wednesday in order to focus on ideas and solutions and to start working on a plan.
The aim is to have a working meeting so that people can quietly discuss issues and potential opportunities for London Road, St Johns Road and the station then feedback on ways forward.
It’ll be about finding out, ideas, solutions and avoidance of wasting time bashing the council, train companies or particular businesses.
Groups will focus on status, knowledge gaps and ambition for at least these aspects:
- Isleworth Station (building, bridges, car park, access) and other public transport
- Retail (the offer, fabric of premises, branding, business support)
- Physical environment of London Road (road, pavements, street furniture, signs, trees)
- Cleanliness, tidiness and community safety
- Links to attractions and community facilities (Osterley Park, Indian Gymkhana, Brent Lea Recreation Ground, Syon Park, Thornbury Park, West Thames College, Brentford, the river).
- Marketing initiatives, seasonal events, community participation.